Friday, October 28, 2011

Literally

Two year olds are good for many things, like being defiant and yelling "No!" then giving you the best snuggle ever. They are also good for discovering the funny, and sometimes absurd, aspects of language.
My two year old was jumping on his bed yelling, "Yeehaw! Yeehaw!" I'd never heard him say that before, so I asked if he was a cowboy.

He gave me a funny look and an "uh-huh" followed by "Moo! Moo! Momma, I'm a cow-boy! Moo!" Apparently his interpretation of the word cow-boy was a little different.
I have to admit, his idea of a cow-boy makes sense. It is a much more literal definition of the word than a man who leads cows; he is neither cow nor boy.

And my two year old, he spent the rest of the morning running around the house mooing.

No comments:

Post a Comment